About Kim Antonia
Since graduating from University College London in 1987 I have been working as a Speech and Language Therapist with young children and their families, specialising with under seven year olds.
In 2002 I set up in Independent Practice under the name of K. A. Therapies having identified the need for private Speech and Language Therapy to be available for young children in Oxfordshire.
Who would benefit from Speech and Language Therapy at K. A. Therapies?
- Pre-school and infant age children who have any type of difficulty with talking, understanding or using language.
- Parents or guardians who are worried about their child’s talking.
- Professionals who would like to understand more about speech and language impairment in young children.
K A Therapies provides
- Personal service – direct therapy given by Kim Antonia
- Individual therapy packages tailored to your child’s needs
- Play-based therapy that is enjoyable and works
- Inclusive approach – your child is a unique person – their character and temperament is important to me. I work with the ‘whole’ child not just their symptoms.
- Active parental involvement
- The whole family are invited to get involved
- Advice/programmes offered to nurseries and schools
Links and Onward Referral
- Useful, descriptive, professional reports
- Close liaison with local health services and nurseries/schools
- Extensive knowledge of national centres of excellence for further advice
- A therapist who is old enough to have experience but young enough to make it fun!
“To enable all children referred to me to reach their full communication potential within their family and educational and social environments.”
Please feel free to ring and talk with me. There may be no cause for concern but you will feel better having spoken with someone within the profession.
Tel. 01865 553 145
Mob. 07962 059 627